View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Follow up w/River Bluff?

Bluffing with AK on this board is pretty bad IMO. Which means I do it a lot. You have showdown value against a lot of hands that bet weak on two streets, just call turn and expect check behind on a bunch of river cards and you scoop pot. He could be weak betting with a Ten, seems like a Queen bets more. I think most of his range is some kind of Ten, flush draw, and straight draw. Even a hand like QJ I expect to bet more. Maybe not. That could be about right given he called turn but I mean before that.

It's hard for you to represent a believable hand. It looks like you have air. Too dangerous to slowplay a set on this board. It makes no sense to semi-bluff with a draw after he lays you a great price. So, it looks like your range is nothing. And, it is. When your hand is what it looks like and you have nothing, it doesn't really matter if he can think it through or not IMO. He's at least getting the correct price to draw if he thinks you have a monster.

If he missed the flush you rate to have the best hand. Show it down >>> bluffing.