View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Wife offers deal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I thought I was whipped, this makes me feel better.

Also, for anyone who's married, I'd advise using 3 checking accounts, a joint one for bills and such, and separate accounts for each of you for your own stuff. It's not so much that you have your "own" money, or that you're trying to hide purchases you make, it's just that a lot of trouble can be avoided if you aren't pouring over every little purchase that the other person makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a wonderful way to avoid confrontation, stunt your trust development in each other and avoid growing stronger as a couple. Good luck with all that. If you're not comfortable talking to her about something you're doing, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? i don't do this to keep things secret. but why have to iron out details on how much money goes to golf/poker/etc? Also, if I want to go to a guy's trip to Tunica, I can save a couple hundo a month from my account, rather than showing up needing 1k to do it.

My wife and I put our full checks into our 'middle' account, and each withdraw an equal 'allowance' each month to spend/save as we see fit. We dated 7 years, and have been married almost 4, and have NEVER had one single money fight. We have NEVER missed a bill, NEVER come up short in a month, etc.