View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: .5/1 A8 BB defense

Harv

First off. Sorry for assuming you were a live player. My bad!

Anyhoo.

It looks like we basically agree here, but just disagree on the right decision to choose in order to prevent him in owning us with his position.

A few points

- If you are scared he will take free cards you dont have to c/r to prevent them. C/c flop donk turn then. The thing is. People will 2nd barrel so often.

- I completely agree that Ax might be calling down and better Ax might be folding. These are the only hands I would c/r if I could see his cards.

- Metagayme smetagayme. Its a random donk at 0.5/1. Completely agree with your points tho.

- Your post completely focus on the good things from c/r'ing. It is still a bit unclear to me whether you want to see a SD if he 3-bets. But given you assume he will 3-bet with worse hands sometimes I am guessing you are seeing a SD on two bricks. Do I have to point out how much this will have you valueowned by better hands?

- Against a predictable player who 2nd barrels this is such an easy c/c c/c c/f or c/c c/c c/c IMO. C/r'ing will just set you up for ownage when you either fold the best hand in a bloatet pot or call down light as a dog because the pot is huge.

In stead of bloating the pot by c/r'ing in order to fight the positional disadvantage I liek just keeping the pot small to induce my opponent to make mistakes with his worse hands later on the big streets.

Not that I dont like call preflop c/r flop lines with good Ax. I just think you should save them for the 244 flops or 238 flops or whatever. In which case I will gladly c/r flop and bet down for value