View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Andy Reid Suspension Speculation Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Needle,

Clearly there's a divide between how coaches and players are punished. I can't explain why, but I'm sure like you said even when you can't explain it you kinda understand why it exists. That doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it more frustrating is the fact that we as the public are to assume that these coaches are in control and more mature than the players. Now this really isn't an issue of maturity, but obviously a mistake was made somewhere in Reid's life as a parent, not saying that he could have done something different that would change the situation but something did go wrong.

And about the first point in being in control. This is what any fan assumes out of a coach is he can control a team. I'm sorry if I feel like if you can't control a family you are not fit to control a team. Yes, one is an occupation and the other is not. Also, I understand that controlling 22-40 year old men is completely different than your own children, but it is a feeling I have.

Thank you mmb for bringing this up. I, for one reason or another, may have never made the connection between the two. It actually makes me angry that the Goodell hasn't said anything, or at least anything I have heard.

Edit: fixed last sentence so it made sense.