Thread: The Mist
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: The Mist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Youtube Trailer

Some thoughts...

Mrs. Carmody (the woman that demands a sacrifice) looks way too young and pretty in this picture. She's supposed to be a bats**t insane cat-throwing old weirdo.

The monsters they showed actually look pretty cool. I hope the rest of the monsters look just as good.

Didn't like the CG of the fog rapidly rolling in. I imagined it more as a slow menacing wall of fog.

Otherwise it's lookin' pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't watched the trailer, but I've seen at least one of the commercials and looked over the cast list on imdb.

- Agree on Marcia Gay Harden...not that MGH is hot or anything, but Mrs. Carmody should be some kind of scary hag. Funny thing is, I was thinking Frances Sternhagen, BUT SHE'S ALSO IN THE MOVIE. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] She must be the other old lady with the tennis racket.
- I like Andre Braugher, but he doesn't fit what I remember of the description of Norton from the book.
- The Mist was supposed to travel as a perfectly straight line.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does early on in the CGI shots...it is basically a wall that moves forward. But once they get to the store they just used smoke machines everywhere.

FD aparantly went further with the story or did something to the end. Edgar Wright and Quentin got to see one of Frank's early cuts and Wright said that Darabont somehow managed to make the ending even better.