Thread: KJo 2nd pair
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: KJo 2nd pair

What have you seen him do after the flop?

Everyone says bet here, but this situation absolutely is killing me and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I'm finding that when I bet in this situation, villain often folds...presumably he was on a draw or just fishing for an A. So in cases where villain folds, our bet gets us nothing.

And when I'm called, it seems in so many cases that villain is holding, say, Q4 or something and just c/c all the way. So I lose a bet here by trying to get value.

And then there are those times when I'm c/r. It's hard not to pay that off because I don't want to tell anyone paying attention that I'll fold to a river c/r.

In this case, I know you said villain is a lagtard, but is he aggro after the flop or just before? I'm having a difficult time figuring out what he calls you down here with that doesn't beat you. A worse J? A high? A pocket pair? Is he raising with all of his A's preflop? Do you know if he raises with all of his pocket pairs or just limp in with them?

If we think we will win when called more than half the time, then we bet the river, I think. I'm just not confident that we'll win more than half the time when we're ahead. There's a good chance on this board that he had a GSD and will just fold it.

So I play this hand the same way you did.

Edited: Ok, not "everyone" said bet. Sorry, Bona.