View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: 2 Live 8/16 Kill hands

Grrrrunch.

Hand 1: JTs is a hand your can raise with or not PF - but in late position, it's not a bad hand to raise with - EV wise it's stronger than KQo or A9s.

This hand was played fine until the river. BET THE RIVER. You missed a good value bet here.

Hand 2: PF okay

Flop: I like betting out, but I don't like the 3 bet here. It's not for value against a tag. You are out kicked, or drawing only to your flush.

Turn: check/call after being raised by the tag

River: I'm probably making a check/crying call here, especially HU in a live game.

Hand 3:

PF: RAISE.

Flop: Okay (I like betting the flop here for deception/semi-bluff)

Turn: Okay

River: Hmmm... that's weird. If he made the nut flush on the turn, he'd check raise for certain. His turn check/call means to me, no flush. But then he bets out on the river.

He's probably not that afraid that you have a flush, because you bet out the flop. Really, A4 or is the only thing I see *in his range based on his action* that beats you. He might bet here with any other Ax, or possibly with 4x, wanting to get value and afraid you'll check behind - but since you say he's solid, I'm probably just calling here much of the time. This is VERY read dependent. There are many players that I will definitely raise here.

AB