View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: What\'s the largest pot you\'ve won with A hi at showdown?

$400 and change at the Borgata $2-$5 N/L.

I have $98 lefton the button (on the 10 seat), with A 3 of hearts.

Bunch of callers then the 9 seat makes it $15.

I decide to just call.

The Small blind makes it $35.

Big Blind Calls.

4 seat calls as well.

Comes back to the 10 seat and she decides to just call.

Well I decide this is the best chance for me to get my money in before I rebuy, so I push all in for a whopping $98.

Everyone calls, no repops, although come to think about it it might have been at the raise limit already.

Anyway, I digress.

Flop comes J, 10, 4, only one heart.

I say F, I am done in my head, but no, random 4 seat saves me.

The SB bets $45, BB folds, and then voala, the 4 seat pushes all in for about $600.

The 9 seat mucks in disgust, muttering something about "I know have all these fish beat, I should have pushed all in pre flop, and since I am sitting next to her and I am already all in shows me her pocket queens.

The BB thinks for about 45 seconds, probrably to save face, or because he played a ragged J for the preflop pot odds and now assumed he was beat.

The turn is some other low rag heart, the river pairs the board with tens.

I already had announced on the flop that I had Ace high and needed running heart flush, or straight cards.

After the river I called my Ace high, but the 4 seat wouldn't open up.

He finally did.

K/Q off suit open ended on the flop.

He saved me with his beligerant push.

Thanks guy.

Almost $500 off an A 3 suited with one pair, not even 2 pair on the board after an all in with 4 callers.

He actually asked for half the pot back because he saved my hand form losing, and he was dead ass serious.

I threw him a red chip to be a prick I belive, bu that was like 3 hands later when he was still going on about it.