View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Nevada vs New Mexico St. tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
i can see why you guys say Nevada especially since they played and practically beat Boise State and NMS got blown out by Hawaii last week but NMS is tough at home (5-0) with wins over Idaho and UTEP. And Nevada is not that great on the road (1-3) with the only win against a terrible Utah State team and only beat them by 3. All that said im probably still on Nevada tonight but its some things to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are only 4-0 at home...0-5 on the road. And the quality of opposition is considerably different. Still, being unbeaten at home is enough for one to take notice.
But beating a 1-8 Idaho team at home doesn't exactly impress me even if the Vandals are a bit better than their horrible record.
NMSU barely scraped past a bad ARK-PB team at home 20-17.

But I'm not overly cocky in NEV's ability to win this one running away on the road. The off-campus incident featured several of their players at this party in which 3 people were killed. Big-time distraction for this team I would have to think.
They're clearly the better team and their offense can run up some points and NMSU's D can be borderline non-existent at times. But I just don't know if they're good enough to warrant betting on them to win by 7+ on the road.

If they get rolling though their offense could really light up these guys. NMSU's defense has pretty much played dead against a few of the better offenses they have faced allowing 44, 55, 58, 50 in their 4 worst performances, all on the road, vs. NM, AUB, BSU, HAW.

When they get clobbered they get clobbered good. So taking NEV might not be such a lousy play but I'm just not sure I think it's worth doing.