View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: what if someone died midway through a live hand?

[ QUOTE ]
but if the dead player doesn't table his hand (both cards face up on the table), obviously it needs to be considered folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem is he hasn't mucked either; until clock is called his hand cannot be considered dead;

So my take is in the US (assuming the player is not dead) it should go towards hospital fees or health insurance....

in the UK with our world renowned free health care system, the famed NHS; obviously this conjecture doesn't apply;

In this case its up to the poker manager to apply a common sense ruling; there are a range of options here; including a super turbo 'heart attack' freeroll in memory (if dead).

Would it be callous for the cardroom to insist on taking the full rake from the hand?

I for one see it as within the rules to call clock; seeing as there is no 'all/in disconnection' rule in B&M poker rooms the persons hand MUST be mucked. Although i'd insist on a 'leave it on the side' to the dealer to ensure we find out the root cause of the heart attack; Was he making a huge bluff with 72off? had he hit a straight flush?

Imagine the headstone; 'and here lies pete the pro; bluffing off 50% of his bankroll in his last hand whilst tragically succumbing to a heart attack when frankie the fish called with bottom pair'