View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: KK- sick turn card against bad aggro villain

Grunch.

If the villian has a tendency of calling 3-bets, I would charge him more pre-flop. I'd also bet even closer to pot on the flop. After the turn I check/fold.

If he is that terrible you'll find better spots (and boards) to stack him than making hero calls. You are also more likely to tilt when you make the hero call and it turns out you are wrong.

Every hand he likes to play is on this board. This will be a -EV call in the long run (especially if you incorrectly hero call and tilt off some additional chips in a subsequent hand). He just has way too many hands that connect up (and crush your KK) way too often.

It's easy to think, "finally I picked up KK, I'm going to stack this donk". Don't, however, let that blur the board texture. The texture completely sucks for your hand regardless of his aggressiveness.

Yes, you could be right this time, but there are better boards to pick off bluffs. Additionally, the key to picking off bluffs is identifying betting patterns, hand ranges, and placing them in a context. You've indicated his player tendencies (aggressive, bluffy) but you haven't pointed out any betting patterns/lines that indiciate strongly that this is a bluff. You also indicate you felt it was less likely he was bluffing this time (because of some earlier bluffs).

Of course, finding betting patterns from an aggressive bluffy monkey can be tough. Pay particular attention to his river stats. I have several agrro-lags that like to play aggro on the flop and turn, but only get their dough in on the river when they are winning. Ridiculous river stats like WTSD 20 W$SD 80.

Fold and pick a better spot. Work on taking notes on his bluff lines and distinguish them from his "I have the nuts" lines.