View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: why do you like the music you like?

I like music for the music, not for the lyrics. Good Lyrics are really just an added bonus for me.

I think I know why I really only care about the music too.

When I was growing up I was a musician. Played Trombone in the concert bands, orchestra, Jazz band and marching band. Took lots of music theory and history classes and played in a number of "Chicago" style and Jazz bands. I also played in the classic rock wedding/clubs bands and played guitar and mainly sang in those but really still didn't care what the darn lyrics were and actually had a hell of a time learning and remembering the lyrics.

My focus was more on the theory, composition, harmonies and all of that. Vocal was really just another instrument to me. I was interested in chord progressions and really just having a bit of fun. I think this is why I do not care so much what the lyrics are.

Rap and Hip-Hop I just do not get. But music is a personal thing and if someone else is into that well that's fine with me. Heck, I used to hate country music and now I really enjoy it. Whatever, to each his own.