View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: .5/1 TT turned full house 9QQQx do I cap this?

[ QUOTE ]

You might need to rethink your thinking if you disagree with Aaron a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this type of philosophy - i.e. only listening to the advice of specific posters - is something that i disagree with.

in poker, as harv has said, the only absolutely correctly play is to raise the river with the nuts closing the action. all other moves are situational.

it is entirely possible for two players to have different styles of play and do different things in certain spots. that doesn't mean they're wrong. a very clever play might look questionable in the eyes of someone else. and the opinion of a single poster is never the absolute "correct" answer.

i know that aaron is a well-respected poster on here and as far as i can tell he plays very well. that doesn't mean that he's always right, or even that there is only one "right" answer to a question. heck, sometimes the "right" answer can very from game to game, player to player, and its impossible to know what that answer on a internet forum.

as a forum, i encourage everyone to think about situations for themselves without being too influenced by what others say. if you pick up something that works for you, or makes good sense to you, by all means adopt it. but dont just automatically change your mind based on who is posting without thoroughly digesting what they have to say.

good luck.