View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

[ QUOTE ]
Really take shots with only 300 BBs in the roll? I feel like a BR nit now. I almost always wait until i have like 500 BBs for the next level before moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can use more exact "formulas" when taking "shots." The factor is that one does not need as much a br as 300 big bets when making shots as one is less likely to run into bigger losing streaks until one has played a longer time.

The longer one plays the more likely one is to run into longer and longer losing streaks. Because of all that 150 big bets rates to be a good enough "shot" and it's not necessary to have even that much if one takes like hours shots to good games every now and then when playing a step lower. Some say one is then gambling but that's not true in the long run. One does not need to have all the necessary money right now as one gets more later.

Those who stick to their higher limit will need like 1000 big bets, and those who about stay where they are need 500 big bets if they move down when they lose half of it, and there they still have the 500 big bets, and it's practically never going to happen that one loses 750 big bets and 500 of it at the lower limit.

If one is elastic with moving up and down, one can be more liberal in what one needs at any limit.