View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: ZOMG - Gramps Only Took 3.75 Years to Make 1600 Posts!

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1500)
Hero (t1500)
SB (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t40</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t40, <font color="red">CO raises to t140</font>, Hero calls t140, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG calls t100, MP3 calls t100

Flop: (t590) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t140</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO calls t140, Hero calls t140

Turn: (t1010) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t220</font>, CO calls t220, Hero calls t220

River: (t1670) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t220</font>, CO calls t220, Hero?

$225 - first hand of tourney vs. 2 unknowns. Please comment on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a SNG player, can you phrase in the form of a push/fold question? QQ is kind of an awkward one early, I think calling is fine, I'd probably do it against unknowns as well (knowing it's more likely they're foolio since I've prob. played against all the regulars/semi-regulars unless they're now on new account). Clearly call flop here, I think calling the Turn is fine too - flush/straight draws are drawing dead (unless royal flush) so you want them to hit and pay/stack on River. With a King, the only downside to calling Turn is if scare hits on River you may have to VBet less. If a King outdraws you on River for FH, you get away cheaper than if you raise/shove Turn. On River, yuck. One Queen in deck, I think you beat CO, I've seen enough stupid [censored] online where you have to give the random FOS factor (like UTG turning over A2 or something like that), but folding wouldn't be too bad. Player's privilege, whatever your heart desires.

I might call out of partial curiosity against total randoms - if you've ever watched Celebrity Poker, you know that some amateurs think that betting as little as 1/10 pot into two players on the River can constitute a "big bluff."