View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: .5/1 A8 BB defense

[ QUOTE ]
You're not check/raising the flop for information, period. The flop check/raise should be primarily for value, because you will very often have the best hand, and partially as a bluff, because against some opponents & with the right image yourself, you can get them to fold slightly better hands at some point in the action.

[/ QUOTE ]That's what I mean by I think he folds a lot because the majority of his range is nothing. I'm certainly betting any turn facing a call since I believe this raise will be peeled fairly wide (edit: and expect King, Queen high type hands to fold to turn bet almost always so I gain that extra small bet), especially against this type of player. Not folding out a better hand IMO. I expect to be called down by an unimproved AK a ton (4 handed). It's a marginal value/info raise, same thing to me in this spot.

This is one of the better flops for my hand versus his range, I figure. And I don't always want my c/r on flop to be made hands. 3betting PF is certainly something I'll also do in this spot but not always. They are in position, if they know I always 3bet Axs+, A7+, K9+, 55+, etc, stuff like that, pretty easy cap with a similar, albiet slightly tighter, range. No reason to always 3bet or always call. Think you'd agree with this.

The flop c/r is standard on this board against a lag IMO. Anything that flops me a backdoor straight draw, a pair, or a paired board. Those type of flops.