View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: .5/1 A8 BB defense

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you c/c the flop how do you expect villain to play the turn (what hands will he check, which ones will he bet?).

[/ QUOTE ]I wanted information OOP, which is why I raised post-flop. Didn't really want to 3bet with this weak of a hand preflop either OOP. I think he folds nothing here which is most of his range IMO, peels some Ace high or King high hands. With the 3bet he for sure has at least middle pair big kicker, or most likely top pair and up. I think I'm getting the right price so I call. Turn I c/r for value and fold to 3bet. Think I have best hand as played since he did just call there. Possible trap or I could be betting into a better Ace if he gets frisky with AJ+ on the flop. River I think I'm beat facing raise but meh can't fold now IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, blech. Just saw this post.

You're not check/raising the flop for information, period. The flop check/raise should be primarily for value, because you will very often have the best hand, and partially as a bluff, because against some opponents & with the right image yourself, you can get them to fold slightly better hands at some point in the action. In fact, if you didn't 3bet preflop it should have been with the express intention of check/raising any flop that wasn't horribly ugly for your hand (or absolutely beautiful for it, when you wouldn't want him folding). This is blind defense 101 stuff.

Given the circumstances & getting more than 12:1 to call the river raise, folding shouldn't even enter your mind.