View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

To be honest I believe that low stakes 6max LHE like 1/2 to 3/6 are fairly tough to beat because of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are highly beatable and I would go so far that an expert player using good table selection can win 2+BB/100 at 1/2 to 5/10 while 3-tabling.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I didnt realize that untill after banging my head to the wall playing 300k hands of 1/2 to 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee I wonder why Mr.LAG?.

Seriously I think that playing 1/2 to 5/10 demands another approach than playing 10/20 and above. I donīt think playing 30/20 or 35/25 is an optimal approach to those games.And that is probably why we sometimes have different opinions about how to play a hand.
I would love to have the talent to play 10/20 but I know that my playing style is more appropriate for playing 3/6 and 5/10. Yours on the other hand is more suitable for playing higher stakes.But it is easier to learn mine and be a successful lowlimit player than to learn yours and be a successful mid-limit player.
I can guarantee OP that he doesnīt have to hesitate playing lowlimit 6-max.Because it is impossible to not win substantial money if you have an average brain and some willingness to study the game.
Sure the money pot is bigger at the higher stakes and you have to adjust your play, but I still think it is a good thing to play your way up to the 10/20 games since experience is everything in 6-max.

And if you canīt reach the high stakes it isnīt a bad thing to make 3000-5000 dollars a month (playing 80h) at lower stakes.It is an OK deal and it is very doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

3/6 and 5/10 can be absolutely destroyed using a 35/25 style assuming one is a capable hand reader.