View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Level thinking - how good you are?

well, about *increase* word. i've faced with troubles trying to translate this phrase from russian to english in right timeform. i translated it by myself as "i thought that he thought that i thought that he wouldnt raise with powerfull cards so i ..."
but my english not so good and i doubt i made some "time mistakes" so i ask my friend translate it to me. he dont plays poker and dont see difference between "increase" and "raise" (these words is kind of synonyms/homonyms in russian language). i trusted him (h'vnt checked it at all) and posted this, then i've noticed my mistake but it was too late too edit

about my question i think villian has a bad hand so we def should raise there.

my logic is about phrase: "i thought that he thought that i thought that he wouldnt raise with powerfull cards"
bold text is our starting point, so with my assumptions i put him on a weak hand.

then "i thought that he thought that i thought that he wouldnt raise with powerfull cards" second part come, and we may reverse our suggestion about strenght of his cards.
then, 2 reverses again and i come with it.

but, trying to figure out with this phrase just in mind (not with text) make me feel leveled.