View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Trouble with SNGWizard, getting frustrated

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, the different minimum edge thing sounds like it might be it. Is there a recommended minimum edge that you go by Devin?

Mine is at .25% right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought SNGWhiz did some complicated calculation to come up with a minimum edge in each hand as a function of position and players remaining or something. In any case, you should be ignoring the "push/fold" output and looking at what $EV value it's calculating. Is that the same for both of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea you're right, it does do that, that's my bad.

Our minimum edge% for our push to be good is .25 for both of us, but his edge is .52 and mine is .20, hence it telling me to fold. It's just frustrating because we have everything the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably have different edge multipliers. Have a look at the options. It's at the top, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, even his version only has him pushing 5.1% of hands (99+,AQ+) which is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you are avoiding very thin edges.

[ QUOTE ]
We both actually have good results in SNGs, this has me feeling pretty stupid/confused though.

I do appreciate the responses though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SNG Wiz is quite sensitive to inputs. From what I can see, you need to play around a bit to figure out what settings match the hand ranges you most often come up against and the edge that you think you should risk at.