View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 50NL - AQ vs LAG

I would probably raise the flop, villain has made a weak lead on a wet board. The benefits of a raise are that you charge a draw to see a turn card. The cost is that you probably get a lot of hands you beat to fold, such as TT, QQ and KK which you could get one more street of value out of by just calling.

I'm a bit lost on the turn, it's hard to put villain on a range. Maybe KK, QQ or KQ with a diamond hoping to put out a blocker so he can see a river for cheap. A weak suited ace, I dunno? Maybe a flush trying to induce a raise (but because the Ad is out there, there aren't too many made flushes out there unless villain is in the habit of playing Kxs). I think I raise here to charge the flush draws, a raise tells us whether we are up against a draw or a made hand, and heck sometimes we might even fold out AK.

River, we can be fairly sure we aren't up against a flush now, looks like another blocker with a weak A, maybe KK or QQ? Maybe AJ or AK. I think we are ahead of villain's range, so the question is whether it's worth raising for value when we don't like a reraise. I think it is and maybe make it 10 total.

Edit: Some other people's thoughts on this would be nice, I struggled with villain's line in this hand.