View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Help with my new 30in

So I just bought a new Dell 3007 WFP. And then I promptly spent 4 hours dealing with Dell support. Im ready to cut my eyes out with a butter knife.

Anywho, my problem: I have an Inspiron 531S Slim Tower. My gfx card is a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro. However, the version of the vid card that I was given is specifically made for the Dell Slim Tower series; the port protruding from my comp is not a DVI and it is not a vga.

With my computer came two cord adapters for the port on my computer, one for vga (which i was previously using to run two dell monitors) and a dvi.

I currently have the 30in running, using the adapter cord to the dvi cable to the monitor. My problem is the max resolution Im being offered is 1280x800. I have downloaded the most recent updates, drivers, etc for both the monitor and my vid card.

I'm under the impression that I have to get a new video card. Does anyone know of a video card with a dvi port that will fit in the dell slim tower? Dell had absolutely no clue (about anything).

Any question I will be more than happy to answer. I know I'm not the best at explaining this kinda thing. Thanks for any help.

Also, I was previously running a monitor at 1600x1200 but I used the adapter => vga cord => monitor. i have never used the dvi cable before.