View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on EA Madden series

[ QUOTE ]
uh the more they add the better it makes it... football is a complicated game. sorry you n00bs cant just throw hail mary's all day and win now

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree if the game could read your mind. They keep adding more and more and it is just not possible to take advantage of all the features, because unlike football, it is not just as simple as reading the field and reacting (with your whole body at the same time) you need to push a button for each little aspect.

Once they come out with a full-body wii suit I'll be all for it. I have no problem with adding complexity to the game, to me, it just seems they are making it way too complex (with way too many buttons to push) for the little bit of reaction time they give you -- and half of the reaction time you either can't move or spike or throw a bad pass right away because you were trying to hike the ball and the system didn't respond until you hit the button one too many times.

Maybe i'm just a moran, but I really think you need to be a super-freak to keep up with the game now.

However, I agree it is still a good game. I just think EA is just letting themselves coast off of the franchise they build in years past. It is partially the NFL's fault for not allowing any companies to compete with them to build the best football game possible (with actual NFL rosters that people most people would actually buy).

there really is absolutely minimal improvement in the game from year to year. I really feel I am pretty much playing the same exact game for the last 5+ years, just with slightly better graphics. Yet, everyone flocks out to buy it year after year.

Just my opinion of course.