View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:15 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: The Most Hated Family in America - Westboro Church/Cult

[ QUOTE ]
Fair point PITTM. I didn't mean to target you in particular with my post, and hope I didn't offend you.

Wanting them to die is an extremely human and natural reaction.

The problem though is this:

How does you wanting them to die (and presumably being happy should they die tomorrow) differ philosophically from them rejoicing at the death of American soldiers/AIDS victims/etc.?

Stak

[/ QUOTE ]

part 1) I hadn't said anything before so I wasn't offended at all. Don't worry about it.
part 2) On some level, its no different at all i guess. But I think we all know that it is different, or else we wouldn't react this way.

Sidenote: i watched a video on the Patriot Guard Riders today, and while I usually don't think religious, ultra patriotic bikers would be cool, these guys actually had a pretty awesome moral stance. They just went, parked their motorcycles between the funeral and the WBC, blasted patriotic music to mask the chants from the WBC and waved giant american flags to block the signs. Very cool imo.