View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: fold x2, but how\'d I play the rest?

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with limping in hand one with either A9o or A8o.
I get my self into real problems on seemingly safe boards. There are simply too many players at loose games in LA and Vegas that will limp with A10-AQ,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, suppose that's true. Then what will happen is they will bet an Axx board, and you'll have to decide for yourself what that particular opponent is likely to hold. If it comes bet/raise to you, you have a relatively easy muck. This is why you have position with this hand; you have the power to see how opponents will react to the board when the action comes to you (the same power that you forfeit somewhat if you decide to raise pre-flop). Also, if you're facing bad opponents, they are also likely to have Axo or Axs, and you easily dominate them as well. You don't have to play AK to beat those hands on an Axx flop.

Also, you're not only playing for the value of the A, but also the 9 as well. You won't get into too many problems if you can play well post-flop.

That said, if you did decide to fold A9o forever on the button in this situation, I don't think you'd be giving up much.

Garland