View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

[ QUOTE ]
if mark seif sues dan druff, seif will simply become public enemy #1 in the poker world

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I don't believe Seif ever cheated or ever had access to opponents hole cards. I generally had no strong opinion or negative impressions of him before his reactions to this scandal came to light.

Having said that, Seif's statements containing vague, thinly veiled threats of a potential civil suit have dragged my opinion of Seif down a notch or two.

If Seif were to be such a megalomaniac that he actually would go to court and sue a victim who lost money on his site, this could only increase the damage to Seif's now tattered reputation an order of magnitude. This could only serve to permanently destroy any chance he would have of partially rehabilitating his image with the poker public.

It simply boggles the mind how irrational and self-righteous people can become when they feel they are being attacked. How can anyone who is a spokesman and/or partial owner of a gambling institution that has admitted to the worst violation of trust possible conceivably think his actions should not be subjected to public scrutiny? The most generous thing I could say about Seif's statements to date is that wow oh wow does he sound like a lawyer, in any negative sense of the word one could imagine.