View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ people thinking what fisheater said couldn't happen.

Absolutely no poker sites are rigged either, AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is theoretically "possible" for there to be something dodgy happen. That, however, is extremely unlikely and it is safe to assume that it is not happening.

If you have no evidence to support claims that Spacegravy (or poker sites, for that matter) are cheating, it seems to be common practice on twoplustwo for the intellectual minnows to hide behind this furphy that they are merely saying that it is "possible." That's simply a gutless way of making the same claim, because it is based upon an absurd usage of the word "possible."

It's worth noting that I'm willing to admit that it is "possible" because at least I'm intellectually honest about the situation here - whereas those people who are making their baseless accusations are not.

These offensive and baseless claims make a real difference to people's lives. Making slurs like this do matter to many people. If you have no evidence to support them, then you simply should not make them.

I feel passionately about this because I work in an industry where someone's reputation is their total livelihood. I feel passionately about this because I've had anonymous cowards create false lies about me in the past, and as a consequence, whenever someone types my name into Google from now into eternity, these lies are still stored.

It's all simply just morally wrong for anonymous cowards to make offensive and baseless slurs against the integrity of others with no evidence to support them.