View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Problems at FT? Fraud in the Support Department?

[ QUOTE ]
Disgruntled employees are a dime a dozen. This certainly could be a false post. However, this coincides with when SillySal got her account frozen. The allegation is that a director level management was fired for fraud within the time frame that SillySal had her account frozen.

This could be unrelated and coincidental. Support has access to some client information but not operational data. Perhaps this Director got caught and FT seized anything that he was involved with or suspicously touched. Maybe he stole the Coke machine money. Perhaps he filed a false expense report. Or he could have been involved with some chip dumping.

An investigation that orginally was to be concluded in 96 hours (by their own initial estimates) has now stretched to three weeks.

This disgruntled ex-Tilter also alleges that a previous Director was involved with fraud and that their fraud department has been conducting fraud on their own. It's the crooked-internal-affairs-cop scenario.

Are internal problems causing a lack of resolution in this issue? Or is it internal problems that caused the account seizure in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that they have frozen accounts all the damn time.
So somebody complaining about the exact same thing 2 months ago or 4 months ago or whatever would have ended up in the time-frame of somebody else complaining about it.

In many of the other frozen-acct situations they say that the situation will be resolved in a couple of days and then it takes much longer than that.

So there is nothing really unusual in much of what FT is doing now. They have done all the same things before.

Nobody has sezied her funds btw. They are just frozen.

I think you are really reaching to try to find a link here. So much so that I couldn't even tell what kind of link you were trying to make because what it all seems kind of ridiculous considering that this is just kind of routine procedure for FT.

I do think that some of the chip-dumping and other situations could be ex or current employees or maybe 'inside' jobs. But I thought this was kind of an obvious possibility too. No accusations here of course. But they seem to have quite a few problems and some of their employees have plenty of data on their players and I would imagine could create opportunities if they wanted to.
No idea if they really do or do not. Who knows. But I don't think the chances of the investigation getting dragged on for so long increase the chances that it is an inside-job somehow.
It's just the way they conduct a lot of these investigations including the 'regular' ones where it's some outside-party committing CC-fraud I am guessing.