View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Steve Badger\'s advice

[ QUOTE ]
unlike holdem, there are very many winning styles of PLO

[/ QUOTE ] I do not want to discuss Hold 'em in an Omaha discussion, but I disagree; there are two main styles in winning Hold 'em, tight-aggressive and loose-aggressive and one could stick with one or the other or slightly alter either or both to his taste or use both and change gears. But that is not the main concern.

Look, if there are many winning styles in PLO, what are they? Are you suggesting that you win more money using your style than what Badger says?

[ QUOTE ]
my style of play in the PLO ring games online 2+ years ago was very Badger-esque and although it had a lot of flaws, it made money

[/ QUOTE ] Well if it had a lot of flaws, how did you make money?

In fact, I find there is nothing wrong with Badger's advice. If you guys can win in early position, fine, so can I. With Badger's advice, you may be playing too tight though. That just results in losing the least in early positions and winning close to nothing in them. So, in conclusion, there is nothing wrong with just playing and winning in a late position.

If you have good opponents, they would start folding in early positions when you raise on the button and that is when you start limp-folding in early position. There is nothing 'wrong' with that system of play. You have to lose a little win to again, that is all there is to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, on PartyPoker people play 10-handed Pot-limit Omaha High games.