View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Default This is probably ridiculous

Alright, I know everyone is going to say the same thing for this hand, but I figured I would throw it out there to see if there is anyone who sais different. I am wondering if there is ever an ok situation to fold bottom set.

<font color="red">Live 1/2 NL. I have $300 behind me.

Effective stacks of villains in hands are:
CO: $450
UTG+1: $600. </font>

PF: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> I open limp UTG. UTG+1 makes it 12. CO calls. I call as well. </font>

<font color="red">Pot: $39 </font>
Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="blue"> I donk into the preflop raiser for 25. He pauses, raising to 75. The CO pseudo looks concerned, and doesn't really look displeased in raising it to 175. </font>

At this point its back to me. There is $315 in the pot, and I have about $250 left. I am pretty sure one of the players has a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I find it really hard to put the CO on a hand like JJ since he flat calls PF. It really feels like I'm up against Nut flush draw and top Set. I obviously insta-pushed, but I was pretty sure I was drawing pretty thin here.

Anyone ever fold with this kind of action in front? I know, we have a set. But seriously, if we take the time to think about this innocent flop, what are they going crazy about on this board besides hands I listed?