View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: KQo gets 3 bet OOP

[ QUOTE ]
As already said your example is WA/WB and you could c/c,c/c,c/c or c/c,c/c,b/f.

As you think that your opponent would check behind on the river with a weaker hand, I would prefer b/f the river to c/c.

Anyway, I wanted to say that your maths was a little bit incorrect.

1. You assumed that you could win the same amount as you could lose from c/c,c/c,c/c although you assumed that your opponent would check behind the river with a weaker hand.

2. Your cost for playing the hand (postflop) would be your total number of (postflop) bets.

I think that the correct (and perhaps simpler) way of calculating your EV on the flop (using small bets instead of $) is as follows:

1. c/c,c/c,c/c line - EV = (13.5 * 0.45) - 5 = 1.075 sb.

2. c/c,c/c,b/f line - EV = (17.5 * 0.45) - 5 = 2.875 sb.

Obviously, the above EV calculation for the b/f river line, is assuming that your opponent will not raise your river bet as a bluff.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi I'm not sure if you are referring to me, when you say the maths is incorrect, I'll explain what I was trying to say anyway, basically I was trying to get the correct line if ON AVERAGE he will bet all three streets when ahead of the pair of Ks Q kicker, and bet flop and turn with worse, not that he will always do these actions, I reckon he can check behind on the river with better sometimes and bet with worse sometimes, frequency unknown (yes I know this is important).

I was trying to do this back of an envelope style and it turned into a pretty big spreadsheet.

Thanks for reply.

Regards Mack