View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/29 - spoilers possible)

[ QUOTE ]
as jman said, he had given up on the hand on the flop already, he just wasn't even thinking about his hand at the showdown I guess - but it doesn't say anything about the quality of his game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So flopping a pair where everyone checks throught the river makes you give up on a hand? Again... Not impressed. That does not really defend his misake... it makes me question his play more.

If he just came out and said he was thrown off by the environment and was nervous that would be the end of it, instead I hear lame excuse after lame excuse for his play, like some how he is a mastermind that is just misunderstood.

You think it is possible that someone with 3 jacks or 2 aces might have thrown out a raise on the turn or the river to see if anyone else was game?

But you are claiming he flopped a pair and decided he was done.... even when nobody else bet. He was the only one to bet the entire hand.

So please enlighten me and my ignorance and explain to me how this was really a high level play that I just don't understand.. Giving up on your 7s in that situation. I really want to learn.

Not to mention even if he did give up on them, that is not an excuse for mucking your hand.