View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: wait for turn, or charge the draw now?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the imput, I felt I played it optimally (which the varying frequence plan).

villian had A3 diamonds. sweetjazz I like your way of thinking, but I have a sinking suspeicion that some good LagTags think differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

No good player will think diffently from sweetjazz's approach becuz a simple pokerstove analysis shows that we dont have the equity on the turn to consider raise/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was expressing my dislike of raise/fold the turn here... I can't tell if you agree or disagree, kind of confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so youre not confused, I wasnt disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out that based on a simple pokerstove analysis, raise/folding the turn appears to be incorrect even if we have perfect knowledge that the villain wll never play back at us with a lesser hand. Of course this conclusion depends alot on the assumption of the villain's flop check/raising range and his call down range and turn folding range.

Actually I just realized that my analysis somewhat contradicts SweetJazz's remark: "I don't really see a problem here with raise/folding *this* turn against a predictable opponent."

Based on what my pokerstove observations, it appears that raise/folding is incorrect even against a predictable opponent.

Can someone else do their own Pstove analysis and see if their results are different than mine or see if there is a hole in my logic. I am still not that confident in applying pokerstove to actual play.