View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Shaniac + Russo Niagara Hand

I've read this thread:

Original Thread

I really enjoyed it but it turned into a theoretical argument that most would agree went on for too long (although I enjoyed most of the argument too). Discussion of the actual hand faded.

Here are the quotes concerning the action:

[ QUOTE ]
25-50 blinds
effective stacks all 20k

cdbr3799 raises UTG+1 with 4h7h to 150
UTG+2 calls
UTG+3 calls
Cutoff calls (shaniac)
SB calls (vanessa rousso)

flop 8s 6s 5d

SB checks
CDBR3799 bets 400
UTG+2 folds
UTG+3 calls 400
Cutoff (shaniac) raises to 1800
SB (vanessa) raises to 4200

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
cdbr folds.

turn is an offsuit deuce or something, and vanessa rousso check calls 7k leaving 9k behind.

the river is a offuist 9 (final board 86529), and vanessa checks. shaniac instashoves for 9k and vanessa says "looks like you missed your flushdraw" and calls.

shaniac shows 74 for 9-high straight (same hand as cdbr pre) and vanessa shows 85o for two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never saw Shaniac's last action on the flop, but I'm assuming he called which led to Russo's spot on read.

I fully understand that Shane is 100x the player I am, but does anyone have any thoughts on his line? I know that Russo is regarded as terrible, but is it generally expected that she's this bad?

What % of players in a 10K tournament would you expect to call this river shove with anything that's not winning/splitting?

Shane, if you happen to see this....was there something specific you'd seen from her that gave you this read? Did you have the 7 of spades, assuming you were splitting at worst?

Thanks all. Very informative discussion about the hand so far.