View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded the new version this morning, deleted the old database and set about importing all the hands again. The old database had roughly 2.7 million hands in it and import speeds were still over 70 h/s.

The import is still going, but is going a lot slower than the previous version. It has imported 980,000 in 5 hours 40 minutes and the import speed is decreasing all the time That is an average of roughly 48 h/s. It is currently below 48 h/s. No other programs are running and it is really slowing my computer down a lot. My computer is core2duo 6600 with 2 gig ram.

Does the import process slow down the longer the program is open? Will stopping the import and restarting holdem manager and restarting the import speed it up? Any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, still trying to see why this is happening - if you stop and then close down and restart and reimport it should be better than 48/s.

This new version does process a lot more information but it should be faster than the previous builds. I'll take a closer look this weekend.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped, closed and then restarted the import. It seems to be going a bit quicker but I can't really tell yet as the h/s is low due to a lot of files needing to be skipped.

Its not a big deal really as very rarely are people going to be importing such a large number of hands in one go and compared to what else is available at the minute it is still very fast. If you need any info from me to help sort this pm me.

Also thanks for for the software, I forgot to mention this in my last post.