View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Hero opens from Button - 3bet by mcTAG in the blinds.

[ QUOTE ]

Question 1: What are the chances do you think that villain IS 3betting you light as opposed to the chances he has just hit a run of hot starting hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
It think the chances of a good run are higher than people think, he might 3 bet light the first time or two, but after that hes gonna know hes gonna get played back at eventually.

(I know i do this, i'll 3 bet light once or twice teh same opponent but really need big hands to keep hitting them)
[ QUOTE ]

Question 2: Whats your range for 4betting once you do feel you are being 3bet light? and is it better to 4bet a standard amount or just push?

[/ QUOTE ]
given 100bb or less i like the push, but I'm not really sure this is the right play.

[ QUOTE ]

Question 3: Lets say you opened with AK got 3bet and decided to push all-in what notes do you make on mcTAG (if any) if he calls your push with say a mid pp or similar type hand that he really ought not to be calling with.

[/ QUOTE ]
4bet push for value QQ+ maybe JJ

edit: oh yeah, don't 4 bet bluff him
[ QUOTE ]

Question 4: What adjustments should we make at the table for a villain who is 3betting us light on our left to maximise our EV. (for sake of argument we don't want to leave the table)

[/ QUOTE ]

tighten raising range a bit, loosen 4-bet range a bit.