View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: KQ on button - possible spaz villain

[ QUOTE ]
this hand seems like it was played without a plan. just kind of "flying by the seat of your pants". that's not good.

you have position. you can make sure a bet goes in on each street. you have the value of seeing what others do before you must act.

villian 3bet the flop and leads the turn. the only hands folding to your turn raise are those that you probably don't care if they stay in. plus, you don't get faced with a 3bet in a big pot that puts you in the position of calling down as an underdog to his range. use your position, call down and bet if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from James but I sort of disagree. I did have a plan, and my plan changed because UTG called two cold on the flop. I'm trying to use my position to maximize my chances of winning the pot, my hand is very vulnerable to UTG's range and I want to face him with two cold. I do care a great deal if he stays in. I felt that given the preflop action and the board texture the odds of being three bet on the turn were very low. Had I been three bet the plan was to fold. I also planned to check the river through if I had not improved and was not bet into. Perhaps there is some crucial part of your argument I'm missing.