View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

What stakes have you been playing?

To be honest I believe that low stakes 6max LHE like 1/2 to 3/6 are fairly tough to beat because of the rake. At even lower limits there is enough idiots for you to beat the rake and at higher limits the rake lowers substantially.

People banging their heads on the wall playing 1/2 6max should really consider alternative ways of gaining the bankroll to play 5/10+.

It seems to me that beating NL25 is pretty easy. Even multitabling 6-8 tables I'd say that a good player can crush those games for as much as $3-$4/100 hands including rb etc. Considering this I would play NL25 instead of LHE 6max 0.5/1 anyday as it is simply so much easier to extract money from.

If I started out again tomorrow with a $500 roll I would grind NL25 til I had $1k, then NL50 til I had $3k and then take shots at 5/10 6max - moving back to NL50 if I lost 1k.

IMO you dont play small stakes to win money to spend. You play small stakes to build a roll so you can start playing medium stakes and then really learn to play and REALLY make some money. Unfortunately I didnt realize that untill after banging my head to the wall playing 300k hands of 1/2 to 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]