View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: 11 million dollar verdict against Fred Phelps

The thing you have to realize about Australians is they have a huge inferiority complex. Know how the little brother who never measures up to his older siblings is resentful and generally an insufferable prick? That's Australia. They basically got the rejects of England and have that chip on their shoulder. For example- when my fiance was in Australia, they went to a Cirque de Soeil-like show. The program called out Americans specifically to insult them. "Americans need to remember they aren't the only country in the world and we have great things too." Well, the show was horrible, so I guess I can understand why no one knew of this.

The only thing useful to ever come out of Australia that I can think of is Cochlear implants and Russell Crowe (you don't get credit for Joe Hachem). So Midge has a huge inferiority complex with his other fellow decedents of convicts by trying to bring the US down to his crappy country's level. It's fairly common. In fact, I don't think I can think of any quality Aussie posters on this site (although maybe the quality ones are smart enough to hide their location).