View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Top Pair on Flop, With Position. I Don\'t Suck.

[ QUOTE ]
game is $2/$4 Pokerstars. 9 handed
no-reads at table. It's pretty damn standard.
UTG+2 Limps, Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Calls from MP. Everyone behind hero folds, Hero now has position in hand.

SB Calls, BB Checks, Flop is
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB Checks, BB Checks, UTG+2 Bets, Hero Calls, SB Raises, BB Folds, UTG+2 Calls, <font color="red"> Hero Folds. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is poorly played on both streets. this is not me being a dick. this is just me trying to be honest.

first, i hate pf. i would probably fold. if i didn't fold i would raise to buy the button and minimize the field. KJo doesn't play well postflop multiway. it's a top pair hand, and top pair fares better against a smaller field.

as for the flop, you should be looking to raise anyone that bets into you. that flop hit alot QJ/JT type hands as well as alot of connectors that players like to limp such as QT, 68, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draws, 9T, A9, etc. in other words, there are alot of hands that will give action that you are currently ahead of.

limping pf and then playing the flop so passively hasn't defined the strength of your hand and as such has put you in a difficult spot. don't mess around on super drawy boards like this. people jam draws and it makes it difficult to really see where you are at. playing aggressively on the small streets gets you paid off by a wider range of hands and saves bets on big streets.

that said, what was your plan going into this hand? what were you hoping to see on the flop? after the flop comes, what is your rationale behind the flop call and what were you going to do on the turn?