View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: 11 million dollar verdict against Fred Phelps

[ QUOTE ]
One question I do have, concerning that top picture, isn't there some possible way someone could be incarcerated for child abuse for exposing their children to that level of hate filled nonsense?

I don't personally care what any adult chooses to believe, but this extends far beyond freedom of religion.

This is teaching hate, racism, and homophobia to vulnerable children.

[/ QUOTE ]

The day the government are putting people in prison for teaching their children what they believe in (the belief itself, not any suggestions that they should harm those they are against), that is the day I feel we have to use the power and rights that the 2. amendment intended to give us (bring down an unjust government).

The government should never be able to punish its citizens just for excercising their freedom of free speech in front of children. As much as I despise their views I would defend their right to tell them to anyone, including their own children.

Having a government in charge of what is allowed to tell kids and what is not is seriously not something that would be a good idea.