View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: My reservations regarding Ron Paul...

[ QUOTE ]
My big concern with Paul is his lack of compromise and his lack of understanding or caring about the practical consequences of his actions.

Abortion is a great example. Making it entirely states rights will have the practical effect of increasing government regulation in people's private lives, and will result in the banning of abortion in some states.

I find it rather bizarre that he places total emphasis on a highly debatable constitutional point - which many scholars more learned than Paul disagree with - without considering the practical consequences it will have for people's lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are valid criticisms that I would very much like some more learned Paul supporters to touch on.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that if the US had overwhelming intelligence that they were about to be nuked, he would veto doing something "unconstitutional" to stop it in order to make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

This however, is a completely unreasonable assumption imo. You seem to verge on sarcasm here, which is intellectually dishonest. I have no doubt that Ron Paul would take any real threat to the US very seriously.