View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]

I thought I made it pretty clear why I disagreed...

1. The Bulls weak spot defensively right now is at the 2 guard spot. Kobe fills this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you see Gordon would be sent packing leaving us with Thabo. A very good defender. Also as I said before, I would give Deng and Noc some minutes there as well. Both very good defenders. Defense at the 2 is actually one of our strengths w/o Gordon.

[ QUOTE ]

2. The Bulls don't need rebounding help since they have Wallace and Deng is an excellent rebounder for his position. Due to this, some of what KG offers is wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you for real here? You can never have enough rebounding and this is just plain absurd to claim KG is being wasted. Wallace could use the help and to think we can already outrebound people like SA or Utah? WTF? A big man would be a huge asset here.

[ QUOTE ]

3. The Bulls lack a guy to go to in the clutch. Did you watch the game tonight? Did you see the shot they got at the end of regulation? Kobe solves this problem instantly; KG does not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm, how is KG not clutch? He made some huge shots the year they made the ECF. You're way off base thinking he's some kind of scrub scared of taking the shot, while Kobe will don his superman cape a la MJ LOL. Furthermore, Noc wants the ball and is not afraid to take big shots. In fact he made a huge 3 tonight. Not to mention I'd like to ultimately see Deng evolve into this role. This is not even the slightest concern.

[ QUOTE ]

4. "We have plenty of ouside shooters and just need a post player."...No. You don't need a post player. You need someone that can consistently attack the rim and get to the foul line. You need someone that can consistently create for himself even when his outside shot isn't falling. Now this could be a post player or it could be a perimeter player. But you need someone to fit this mold. That is what you are lacking. And Kobe provides this moreso than any other player in the league. Just because almost all championship teams have had a dominant big man defender, don't mistake that to mean that all championship teams have had a dominant big man offensive player because that simply isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, you just admitted not many teams have won w/o a dominant big man. As I said, I watched one of them very closely and the only reason we won without one is because we had the greatest player of all time. This is not going to happen again anytime soon.

Next, what do you think a post player does? Attack the rim and get to the foul line. KG is a good FT shooter and would easily do this for us. Kobe is a little better at this but it's not night and day. In fact a big man is more consistent night in and night out than a shooter. A big man can easily create for himself down on the block. And KG is a better passer than Kobe which makes him even more dangerous in the paint. We already have too many jumpshooters and you want another one? I'm still [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

5. You're correct that right now TT isn't ready to be a major contributor on a championship squad. However, hes serviceable enough that if hes your worst starter ,you're ok. And by the end of the 08-09 season, imo he'll definitely be a strength and not a weakness....maybe even by the end of this season to be honest. Conversely, Ben Gordon imo should not be the #1 option on a championship caliber squad, and he would still be forced into that role if you brought in Gasol, KG, or Marion. Gordon would flourish in a 6th man role ala Leandro Barbosa.

[/ QUOTE ]

KG or Deng would be number one and Gordon would be gone anyway. Too bad because I do agree that he would flourish as a sixth man. TT has said himself that he's a 3 and I'd like to see him there at least for now. No way he's strong enought to bang all year with the 4's. Maybe in the future he can move up, but even comparing him to KG at the 4 is ridiculous, and I'm the biggest TT fan in the world. With KG we'd have so many more options and could use tons of big lineups with TT at the 3, Deng/Noc/Thabo/Gardner at the 2.

[ QUOTE ]

6. "His scoring is nice, but doesn't come close to the intangibles a dominant big man would give us." What intangibles are you talking about? Rebounding? Interior defense? Leadership? You already have all of those already. What you're lacking is a dominant scorer. I don't know how else I can say this.

[/ QUOTE ]
When putting together a team, you build upon strength. The more defense and rebounding in the middle the better. This is obvious I thought. And as I mentioned he can pass. This would be huge for us as Wallace is the only big man that can pass at all on this team. And you act like KG scores 10 and Kobe scores 80. Kobe averages what 10 more? No way I trade those points for the defense, rebounding, shot blocking, passing, leadership and teammate that KG is. And why do you need one dominant scorer. The Spurs didn't have one last year, unless you count Duncan, but then you're just proving my case.

[ QUOTE ]

7. "Sorry Assani, but no way I ever take Kobe over KG on the Bulls."

"I'm not sure why you disagree."

"I'm honesly amazed that you guys like Kobe more"

Stop making up for your lack of sound reasoning with this filler material. We already know your opinion, no need to keep telling us.

Honestly you just wrote a 3 or 4 paragraph reply and basically the only points you raised were:

-a big man is more valuable to the Bulls
-The Bulls "just need a post player."
-TT is not ready to be starting on a championship team
-Kobe doesn't give you the intangibles that a big man does

The only decent point in all of that is the Tyrus Thomas one.

102,740 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know. You want a few more? How about a big man that can quickly outlet the ball. Again Wallace is our only big that can do this. Or maybe somone that can pick and roll. None of our bigs can do that either and Kobe ain't gonna be setting screens. A passing big man like KG, Webber, even Gasol allows for other players to get easy buckets. Now if Kobe could make his teammates better like Nash, then we'll talk. I bet KG gets his teammates more open looks than Kobe does. And finally, how about a big man that can get some respect. Our guys get no calls and are abused down low. Another problem solved by a great big man like KG.