View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Assani, but no way I ever take Kobe over KG on the Bulls. A big man is so much more valuable to this team and I'm not sure why you disagree. We have plenty of ouside shooters and just need a post player. TT is a project and not ready to be the starting 4 on a championship team. I'm honesly amazed that you guys like Kobe more [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. His scoring is nice, but doesn't come close to the intangibles a dominant big man would give us. I still think Gasol, Brand and Marion are considerably better options as well. I'd experiment with some bigger lineups also if we could land one of these big men.

Thabo/Duhon
Deng/Gardner
TT/Noc/Griff/Khryapa
KG/Smith
Wallace/Gray

Assuming we could have gotten KG for Hinrich, Gordon, P.J., draft pick (Noah). I would of added Noc, Duhon or future pick if I had to...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I made it pretty clear why I disagreed...

1. The Bulls weak spot defensively right now is at the 2 guard spot. Kobe fills this.

2. The Bulls don't need rebounding help since they have Wallace and Deng is an excellent rebounder for his position. Due to this, some of what KG offers is wasted.

3. The Bulls lack a guy to go to in the clutch. Did you watch the game tonight? Did you see the shot they got at the end of regulation? Kobe solves this problem instantly; KG does not.

4. "We have plenty of ouside shooters and just need a post player."...No. You don't need a post player. You need someone that can consistently attack the rim and get to the foul line. You need someone that can consistently create for himself even when his outside shot isn't falling. Now this could be a post player or it could be a perimeter player. But you need someone to fit this mold. That is what you are lacking. And Kobe provides this moreso than any other player in the league. Just because almost all championship teams have had a dominant big man defender, don't mistake that to mean that all championship teams have had a dominant big man offensive player because that simply isn't true.

5. You're correct that right now TT isn't ready to be a major contributor on a championship squad. However, hes serviceable enough that if hes your worst starter ,you're ok. And by the end of the 08-09 season, imo he'll definitely be a strength and not a weakness....maybe even by the end of this season to be honest. Conversely, Ben Gordon imo should not be the #1 option on a championship caliber squad, and he would still be forced into that role if you brought in Gasol, KG, or Marion. Gordon would flourish in a 6th man role ala Leandro Barbosa.

6. "His scoring is nice, but doesn't come close to the intangibles a dominant big man would give us." What intangibles are you talking about? Rebounding? Interior defense? Leadership? You already have all of those already. What you're lacking is a dominant scorer. I don't know how else I can say this.

7. "Sorry Assani, but no way I ever take Kobe over KG on the Bulls."

"I'm not sure why you disagree."

"I'm honesly amazed that you guys like Kobe more"

Stop making up for your lack of sound reasoning with this filler material. We already know your opinion, no need to keep telling us.

Honestly you just wrote a 3 or 4 paragraph reply and basically the only points you raised were:

-a big man is more valuable to the Bulls
-The Bulls "just need a post player."
-TT is not ready to be starting on a championship team
-Kobe doesn't give you the intangibles that a big man does

The only decent point in all of that is the Tyrus Thomas one.

102,740 and counting