View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Default My 24 tabling NL Full Ring experiment at Stars

I wanted to see if I could do this, just for fun and see how taxing it was.

So I fired up 24 tables of full ring 25NL and went to work.
(I usually 15 table the 100NL 12 on Stars and 3 on Full Tilt)

My 1st obstacle: my 2 21" monitors only fit a max of 18 resized tables with no overlap so I decided to play with the tables 1 overtop of the other, so I went to options in the pokerstars lobby and clicked the "popup table whenever user action is required"

My 2nd obstacle: was trying to line up 24 tables 1 overtop of the other while at the same time playing the other 20, it wasn't difficult until I had to line up the last 6-8 or so as the tables kept popping up whenever action was required which was annoying, but once I had all 24 set up I was good to go.

My 3rd obsticle: Was trying to find a way to keep track of how often I timed out. Because I was playing 24 tables 1 overtop of the other I had no way of knowing how a "timed out" table was treated. Does anyone know? I clicked the "automaticly pop up table when activation is required button" but since I will never again need to act on a table I timed out on I am unsure if Stars completely ignores this table until I again manually select it. My workaround to this was when my session was finished I closed each table as soon as it popped up no matter where I was in the hand, I just closed tables I needed to act on even if I was in the BB and had already posted. When i was finished doing this I had 1 table left where I was timed out on, no idea when this occured.

4th obsticle: More of an annoyance really, If I had to act on a table and I hit anything but that table the entire "pop up que" would go out of whack and not come back at all, I could have 10 tables waiting for me to act and nothing would pop up. The way i "fixed" this was to go onto my taskbar click the pokerstars window and manually select any table that needed me to act. I discovered that these tables would be highlighted in blue and the rest were not. After I selected any of these tables the "pop up que" was back in working order

I decided I wasn't going to change up my play at all, I wasn't going to go super nitty, i was going to play my usualy style which is around 15/11. i was going to continue to try and isolate and blind steal etc.

Problem #1: Absolutely 0 reads at this level, I have never played 25NL before so PAHUD and Pokertracker was usless to me. This wouldn't be a problem at my normal level however.

Problem #2: It was IMPOSSIBLE for me to follow the action. I can easily follow the action 15 tabling because I can see all the tables, however If I raised OTB with a hand like QQ I have no idea how many people called my raise because as soon as I am finished performing my "action" in the hand, the next table I need to make a decision on pops up so I don't see that table until it is my turn to act again. So I have no idea if the big blinds bet is a donk into me heads up because everyone folded pref flop or if he bet into 6 people on the flop all of whom folded, those kind of reads are pretty important.

I realized early on I could not get creative at all with hands, I needed an "Absolute ABC strategy" to play. I wasn't able to get creative at all as there were just to many decisions to be made with very little information.

I had to play every hand the exact same way in every situation.

I only timed out once in a 2 hour period and I'm not sure when I timed out or how I did it. I have a feeling it was when I was setting up my tables originally and I am unsure as to what happens when a table times out. Does anyone know if a table I am sitting out on ever pops up again if I have my tables over top one of another?

I felt I kept up easily enough and If i did slow the games down it was minimal. There were several times where I did not need to act on any of tables I was playing so nothing popped up.

After 3,074 hands I ended up with a profit of $62.03 My stats were 12/7 and my PTBB/100 was 10.09 My attempt to steal sat at 27% which is about 5 points lower then normal but I am not sure if this is because of a smallish sample size or if I inadvertantly tightened up, or if the 25NL games were looser so I was unable to steal more.

My biggest 2 winners were when I stacked someone with KK when I flopped a set vs his flush draw, and the other time when I flopped a set with 33 and he couldnt get away from an overpair.

My biggest 2 losers: I lost my stack with AA when I flopped a set + the nut flush draw and he flopped a small flush and we were all in on the flop, I lsot 1/2 my stack in a 3 bet pot when I flopped a set with JJ on a QJ2 board, and he held QQ he was short stacked, or else I woudl have lost my entire stack
I found it a little more mentally taxing then 15 tabling but not by much,

After it was all said and done I'm not sure if 24 tables can be done profitably or not, I don't have anywhere near a big enough sample size. I'm sure my winrate would drop somwhat but the question is how much would it drop.

If someone was making 2.5 PTBB/100 12 tabling NL100 thats $5/100hands. At around 800 hands/hour plus about $15.75 in FPP/hour = $55.75/hour ($40 + $15.75=$55.75)

If their winrate dropped by more then 1/2, say as low as
1 PTBB/100 They would still make more money overall.

They would make $2/100 hands x 1600 hands/hour = $32/Hour +$31.50 in FPP/hour= $63.50/Hour Not to mention that they would hit a lot more milestone bonuses 24 tabling then they would 12 tabling, On top of that a dedicated full time low limit grinder like 1pokerboy or others could make SuperNova Elite by working about 30 hours/week for the year.

That would increase their FPP/Hour to an extra $16 or so for next year.

So they would be making about $47/hour alone in FPP for the 1st 6 months or about $78 per hour (FPP + Winrate) for 6 months compared to the $55.75 12 tabling, not including milestone bonuses