View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you out of touch with the real world, which seems about 90% of people in this thread. The online poker community is losing more and more players by the day. The sites are looking for more ways to profit more from the players who play the most and will continue to play. So lets stop thinking about the fish because they are gone.

1. Good move by increasing maximum tables.

2. Bad move not to implement happy hour bonus VPP for dead hours.

3. Stars dont be greedy. Dont think about how to make extra 1 dollar for 20 days think about how to make extra 25c for 200 days. Stop thinking short term profit.

4. Your affiliate program sucks. You need to make your affiliate program much more profitable for affiliates so that new players are coming in.

5. Your tournaments, and no limit games are fine. Healthy supply of fish and healthy supply of game selection. Your in trouble in the limit department. 5 pros in every 6 max table now. and 8 pros in every 10 player table. Average flop seen percentage on a 6 max table is at 22%, there are sites where the full ring games average 28% flops seens percentage. Meaning your marketing teams needs to find a way to target limit holdem players to the site.

A. More multi table limit tournaments
B. Target specific marketing.
c. Higher bonuses for limit playing.
d. I wouldnt be totally angry for BBJ to be added in limit games.

Limit games absoloutly cannot get any worse than they are right now.

For now every person I meet at the local B n M have completely quit playing online poker. Stating these reasons

1. Its a folding marathon, Ive never seen so much folding in my life.

2. Sites are rigged.

3. Cant get money out.

4. Borring tables, no action. All "house" players on every table

5. They can see your cards and set you up to lose.

If pokerstars would take the partypoker approach to marketing then we can go back to the good ol days of poker. Pokerstars and FTP i believer are responcible for the decline of online poker with their greedy, cheap, and just plain non effective approaches on marketing.

Partypoker use to pay affiliates 100 dollars for each new depositing player, with bonuses. These were no points required, so an affiliate could just transfer 50 dollars to a friend for free and get 100 dollars for them. Sounds like easy money doesnt it ? Well believe it or not this lead to the huge growth of partypoker. With over 100 affiliates averaging more than 300 new players per month this kept the flow of fish constant.

What does pokerstars do with marketing money ? Shoot a 45 second commercial with Joseph Hashem shooting a basketball like a girl. Yes that will bring in a lot of players. On top of that the TV ads only bring in these players to the play money site with no real reason for these players to deposit. A whopping 50 dollar sign up bonus ?

Who the hell is in charge of running things over there /?

It is very simple to see what has worked before, just implement the same type of advertising techniques as partypoker did and it will all be better. Please stop these stupid Hashem and moneymaker negranu and moronic wastes of money on TV ads which only attract play money players when you can directly attract a real money player through a solid affiliate program, where everyone will be telling their friends to sign up because they will be paid.

Just out of curiousity I wonder how many active affiliates there are for stars as opposed to how many active affiliates there was for party before the UIEGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1