View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: My rebuttal to Mark Seif on RawVegas.TV

I saw both of the videos, and I wanted to give my impression. I don’t know any of the parties involved, and don’t have any inside information but I found the body language displayed by Todd and Mark very interesting.

My impression of Todd was that his body language and facial expressions were consistent with what he was saying. He nodded up & down when making a point, and he looked into the camera in a natural way. I can’t say what Todd said is true, but his body language strongly suggests he believes it’s true.

I found Mark’s body language and eye movements very odd, especially when he was making an important point. When talking about AJ he nodded his head side to side (a “no” motion) and averted his eyes when he said that AJ was a nice guy and there was nothing extraordinary about him. Then when Mark said they certainly didn’t talk about seeing any hold cards, he let out an awkward laugh, and averted eye contact with the camera very strongly.

On the plus side, Mark seemed to be nodding up and down (a “yes” motion) when he mentioned that Absolute Poker had hired an auditor and they erred on the side of over refunding the money. This may mean he is glad they are taking action, or it could mean that he is more comfortable because he has a positive point to make.

He seemed at his most comfortable at the end when criticizing Todd, in a legalese sort of way. I can’t say if this is because he believed that Todd wasn’t telling the truth, or if he is more comfortable, as a lawyer, speaking in a more formal language than in the more direct, personal language at the start of the video.

If I’m playing a poker hand against these two, my feeling is that Todd has a real hand and Mark is bluffing.

Curious what other forum member’s impressions are.