View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

[ QUOTE ]
...I was talking to some friends the other night and we were talking about we dressed up as kids for trick-or-treating and everyone of us came to the conclusion that we hated dressing up and it was basically something our parents made us do....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little snippet from your OP.

Okay, the technicality card has been played, you didn't use the word miserable. But you used the term "hated dressing up" and phrased the rest of that in your OP with a negative connotation if you ask me.

If you can follow my logic, you said you hated dressing up (hated = [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). Then you said it was something your parents made you do (people making you do stuff you hate = [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). I hope you can see where I went with that. It wasn't that much of a stretch of my imagination.

All I'm doing is voicing my own opinion, which is the opposite of yours: Halloween is indeed very fun, and should be celebrated without inhibition. (and without inhibition doesn't really mean egging people's cars or houses, it's not something I'd do at least)