View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 PM

Default turn donk bet puzzles me,(yet I am lucid, (maybe not)) Live 20/40

This post may be simple, but please answer it for me since I am trying not to suck at poker. I have been catching cards lately: suited Broadway connectors, premium pairs, etc, and have been raising a lot.

I open AQo in middle position. If I recall correctly, I have both blinds and one or two other assorted fools in the pot with me.

Flop: A 8 x

Flop Action: Blinds check to me, I bet, and I think one fold & one call and both blinds call.

Turn: 8 (the board pairs 8)

BB donks.

So I am trying not to suck as much, as noted earlier in this post, so I folded.

How is this play? IMO this is either a raise/fold or just fold. This bloke is not betting into me (with an A on the board), with 3 others to act behind w/o the trips, right?

I had been running good so I didn t want to spew it back being lagtarded....

FWIW, my read on the donk bettor is the following: handles chips awkwardly, slow to act, seems confused following action, a non-regular. From my quick assessment he seemed loose passive with some weak-tight tendencies thrown in. He has only been at the table for about an orbit or two prior to this and got into a raise fest with another guy. The other guy started berating the donk bettor & he seemed genuine (since it looked like he was defending his intellect, strategy, etc) when he said he made quad 7s (in a previous hand, not the when I posted here).