View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

1. Driving to better neighborhoods has been standard from when I was a kid. I've never lived in a neighborhood that got tons of trick or treaters as our properties are about 1/2-1 acres each and a block only holds 5-6 houses so the kids would skip our area.

2. There was one house a few years ago where I took my daughter T-O-T who gave out a ziploc baggy with 5-6 full size candy bars. The group of kids I was in charge of made sure that we circled the block and went back to that house again.

3. Tonight I'm taking my daughter and her bestest friend to Laughlin for a "safe" trick or treating/Halloween party on the waterfront. Seems that 14-15 is pushing the age and although they're too old to feel comfortable going door to door they can't wait to go to a "party". Stopping at the haunted house sponsored by my local bar first, ldo.

4. I can appreciate the OP's comments/viewpoints/thoughts, but ffs, this is the one "holiday" where you can get away without doing anything without repercussions. Turn off your porch light and enjoy evening as normal, no need to get worked up over it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

5. We never kept candy in our pantry growing up, I don't do it now for my kid, this is not normal? I can't see having bags of candy in the house unless it's the day before Halloween or the weeks afterwards. Interesting to me that people do keep candy in the house year round.

T